Monday, November 21, 2016

fall garden - photos of my garden this week

vegetable garden today 11-21 IMG_9239

Lots of greys in the landscape. Shadows and crispy air. I took the photo above by climbing up on the NW corner of my garden fence. I tried a new angle in the photo below. I climbed up in a large bush on a slope at the NE side of the garden. I couldn't get all of the branches out of the camera path. They filtered the light and made it glow red in places.

vegetable garden today 11-19b IMG_9197

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some area near Albany, NY got up to two feet of snow on Sun. & Mon.

admin said...

Fall in the garden feels like such a treat. It's beautiful in its own unique way..especially love how anything green or with color contrasts with the fall browns. Beautiful garden!

kathy said...

Yes, it's so pretty. I try to focus on that. Beautiful crunchy leaves. My dogs love the smell of the air. But it's dark at 4. Cold winds. And I need to rake all these leaves soon. I'd rather have the heat of the summer garden or then fresh new spring garden. But we have fall. Soon winter. I hear we'll get a dusting of snow here tomorrow. My winter bed is wrapped up in a few layers of row cover and I've picked all the delicate greens.

Ellen K said...

Kathy,
I am new to your blog. Haw many square feet is your planting space and how many people do you feed? Trying to get an idea what I can reasonably expect with 2 to 4 4x8 ft beds.
Thanks,
Ellen