Monday, October 19, 2015

boring garden tasks?

I was asked the other day about what are the garden tasks I enjoy least.

 ...... I'm not really sure of the answer to that.

I suppose many gardeners would say weeding, but that task gets you down close to the plants and let's you see what's going on. If it's a nice day, weeding is just part of being in the garden.

Hauling compost to the garden takes a lot of time and strength. And often needs to be done in the early spring when the weather is still cold. That's not one of my favorite tasks. But I do like that I am making and using my own compost and I don't want to bring in purchased compost.

I might have to say my least favorite task is watering. Yes, this summer I gave up watering my community plot when we had such a long stretch without rain. We have a rule that only hand watering is allowed. It takes so long. At home too I've hand watered this summer, but not as much as I should have. It gets boring, to stand there with the hose and water. My old garden had a nice underground drip system. I'll have to make one for this new garden soon.

What's your least favorite garden task?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carting all the tomato cages and other supports back into the basement! MV

kathy said...

Fall clean up has that added feature of being sad that the season is over. It seems much easier to get the stuff OUT in the spring.