Monday, June 11, 2012

its weeding season

Today I weeded an hour in my community garden plot. Funny how you can weed and think you've got them all, and then look again and there are a bunch of big weeds. If I look for the little ones, I miss the big ones. Today I thought I weeded the whole garden and told Skip we could go walk and then I noticed the asparagus bed - full of weeds. Skippy is used to me changing my mind and taking a while after I say I'm done. But still, I didn't want to make him wait too long so I only weeded half the asparagus bed. Its waiting for me for another day.

4 comments:

Mir said...

It keeps puzzling me that weeds grow so much faster than the veggies... 

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Weeds! Eeeeek! The weather here in Blighty is not what you would expect for June. We have had so much rain, strong wind and chilly weather that the plantlets are struggling. The only plants that are saying Yipee are the weeds. Shame, but there is still time to plant some beans and do a sun dance!
Marian (London UK)ortuffor

Anonymous said...

I think I weeded 4 times already this season. This rain is making my work non. I have at least 2 more hours of weeding and yes Kathy, I know what you mean with "you think you got them all..." I can not believe how many I leave behind :P
Hulya

Nichole said...

Mine's waiting on me too, I think I'm going to hold off until after our rain storm this week. Hopefully, I wont have to weed that same bed again for a week or two afterwards.