Sunday, July 17, 2011

garden event

This is an event we will hold at our Community Gardens this Thursday evening. We welcome any gardeners, would-be gardeners, or anyone interested in beekeeping to join us.

PLEASE JOIN US!

July 21 (Thursday) at 6/6:30 p.m.
Joan Teebagy – Bees at Rock Meadow (more info)

BELMONT COMMUNITY VICTORY GARDEN SUMMER GATHERINGS

Join other gardeners for a BYO picnics, fun, and informative presentation. Bring your own lawn chairs.

Picnic will start on the hour and the presentation half an hour later. Feel free to bring something to share.

Heavy rain cancels.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a great turnout at your event. I wish I lived closer!

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Great idea I am sure you will a big response. Bees need all the promotion they can get. Corporation and Transport for London are running a poster campaign dipicting bees in medical emergencies e.g. on a stretcher (gurney?) being taken for help with the title "Save London's Bees".

We plan to come to Boston next year, I am hoping to workout how far out your community gardens are so we can build in a visit, I can't come there and not see it in the flesh so to speak.
Marian (London UK)

kathy said...

That would be so super if you stop by, Marian!! My guess is we are about 10 miles out of Boston. Let me know and I can help with transportation and give you a tour of the gardens!

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi Kathy, that would be fantastic! Thank you for a lovely invitation and it would be great to meet you, your plans allowing, of course, I wouldn't want to encroach on your privacy. I will let you know when it is arranged and confirmed, hopefully September 2012.
I am looking forward to it already.
Wonderful!
Marian (LondonUK)