Friday, February 11, 2011

a balmy day in the cold frame

cold frame note cold frame and outside  temp

Today at 1:45 pm the temperature inside my cold frame hit a high of 44.1*F (6.7*C)!!! Outside high was only 26*F (-3.3*C). Grow spinach, grow.

Yesterday, I wrote myself a note on my kitchen black board to remember to pull the tarp off my frame in the morning and replace it in the evening. I followed the note today. The sun is still having trouble emerging from behind the neighboring house much of the day. But at 12:00 it hits the cold frame, and from then on the frame gets full sun.

I forgot to put some snow inside the cold frame to water the plants. A task for tomorrow.

2 comments:

buffalo said...

OK...I now officially want my own cold frame. Wow!

Randy Emmitt said...

Kathy,

Snow to water it. sounds great. The hose probably does not work.

I'm giving away kale, mustard greens and rape, the cold frame is rocking can't eat it all. We also have lettuce and spinach.