Sunday, April 25, 2010

a toast to the new season

martini with olives

We've done a lot of planting this weekend. Soon I'll have fresh homegrown vegetables for my martini. Radish, then carrots, then cucumbers, onions, melons, apples, pears .... And maybe I can discover a new martini this year. Today's martini is traditional - a couple of nice olives. Cheers!

Note added: Oliver sent me this link http://www.gineralelection.com/. Cute site. Now I'm really looking forward to fresh cukes - with Hendricks. (I think Oliver may work for them, but the site (and gin) is good anyway.)

martini 074

(click on the link below to see previous martinis)

5 comments:

KatieLovesDogs said...

Cheers!

Zazu Ta said...

Cheers & salud.

I was just talking to my husband about your blog. I have been following you for a while now... ( in a non stalky way)...
And i just want to thank you for helping me realise my passion. I am now looking for farm land, away from this concrete polluted jungle where I can do my life's work.

Again thank you for inspiring me. I hope one day I can do the same for someone!

kathy said...

I am really jealous!!! What fun.

Siren said...

cheers to spring and getting our plants in the ground! we have nice gentle rains here, brings tender plants and lots of WEEDS!

Kelly said...

Hendrick's gin is fabulous, I hope you enjoy it.