Thursday, October 23, 2008

a week of harvests

harvest
harvest beets in the sink

This is my harvest this week. I picked the last of my green tomatoes, peppers and chiles today. And I picked a bunch of pretty little yellow signet marigolds and fleabane (weed) flowers. I have been regularly pulling escarole, red lettuce, arugula, beets and still-way-too-many-radishes. I had enough to give my parents a nice bag of storage potatoes, onions, a giant Brandywine tomato, radish and some greens. I also picked two more birdhouse gourds to total five this year.

gourds
harvests from my vegetable gardens

6 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Nice hall.

Anonymous said...

What can you do with the green tomatoes?

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your gourds! Their shapes are so varied- they look almost whimsical sitting on your steps.

Dan said...

Looks like you are still getting good harvests. Nice bunch of peppers & chilies, I have to grow more varieties next year. Do you have any luck with bell peppers? Mine didn't want to turn colour or get thick & juicy like the ones from the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Do I smell green fried tomatoes for dinner? Maybe a green tomato piccalilli with baked beans? Happy cooking!
-Daisy

Mrs Flam said...

num..arugula , i think i will put some in my garden next year. beautifull harvest.