Sunday, April 27, 2008

april flowers

April wild flowers
My blog needs a bit of color now and then. It tends to be all dirt brown and a little green at this time of year. There are no vegetable flowers in my garden yet.

Here are the "wild" flowers blooming around Fresh Pond (Cambridge MA) at this time of year. (Many were recently planted by the Town.) I know names of a few (58%) and wish I knew more. From top left, by row: yellow anemone (Anemone ranunculoides), ??, forsythia (Forsythia europaea), wild violet (Viola papilionacea), ??, Northern Highbush blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum), ??, ??, Virginia bluebells (Mertensia virginica), Eastern redbud (Cercis canadensis), dandelion (Taraxacum officinale), and ??. If you know any of the unknowns, please let me know. Thanks!

4 comments:

Lets Plant said...

Looking good!!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

What a great collection of such pretty coloured flowers ! NICE !
Joy

alec said...

center... peach tree.( rosacaea family) i updated my blog , finally. the pictures on this post are endearing.

kathy said...

Thanks!