Wednesday, June 20, 2007

a baby tomato!

first baby tomato
Its a very exciting week. School's out, summer starts soon, the town pool is open, AND I have purple peas and baby tomatoes in my garden! It can't get much better than this. I can almost taste a fresh garden tomato ..... This tomato is a Rutgers. There are also baby fruit on my Chadwick's cherry.

Last year I found my first baby tomato on June 22. So this year's is almost exactly the same date. Even though I bought bigger plants that bloomed much earlier this year, the plants did not set fruit until the same time as last year. HHmmmm.

Solanum lycopersicum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I firmly believe that the appearance of the first tomato(es) is an event worthy of much celebration.

Almost as much as the *eating* of the first tomato.

kathy said...

Yes. I think you are right that a celebration is in order!

Italman said...

Nice one!
My first baby cherry tomato appeared just a few days ago and of course, this event was properly celebrated.
Enjoy your veggies!