Saturday, September 09, 2006

Vegetable harvest

I'm trying to keep a record of most of my vegetable harvests. Here's another bowlful. Several tomatoes (I'm picking 2-3 a day now - Early Girl and Supersonics), my second yellow squash, a couple of cukes (I get about 1 cuke a day) and several jalepeno peppers (which look more like thin-skinned sweet Italian pepper to me, though they are HOT). Also, planty of basil and parsley. The lettuce is not producing now and young seedlings are not growing well. Too hot I guess.

Cucumis sativus

3 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Those don't look like jalapeno peppers to me, either. They look more like sweet banana peppers. Maybe a mix up at the garden center if you bought the plants?

Carol Michel said...

But it is a beautiful harvest, none the less!

Petunia's Gardener said...

great harvest and lovely picture!